uhoh
Registration is free and quick. There are some areas that are only visible to registered users. Come on in!

Author Topic: The Apostle Paul had gutless brethern who would not stand with him.  (Read 7721 times)

Offline Bro. Steve Winter

• Administrator
  • Bro. Steve Winter
    • Jesus Name Apostolic Holiness Church
I am reminded of the old phrase "No guts, no glory".  While it is not scriptural I don't believe that it contradicts scripture either.

The Bible has its examples of "fair weather friends" that include, for example, the parable of the seeds where some would be very enthusiastic until difficulties arose.   What is a Brother to do if his pastor calls on women to speak during services or otherwise defies the Word of God?  Well, that Brother has a choice to make, and well "no guts, no glory", eh?

Or what about a Brother whose pastor goes a whoring after every heathen holiday from Xmas to Eostre and yea even some Halloween (renamed, of course)?

Or what about a Brother who has friends or a pastor within corrupt organizations that are simply spiritually unchaste and bear with trinitarians as "wayward brethren", or try to court trinitarians by bearing with them in Satanic  fellowship?   

Or what about any Brother who has friends or a pastor who wallows in any of the sin I preach against or has fellowship with devils at whim?

Well, that "Brother" has a choice to make now doesn't he?

Paul had a similar situation when he withstood Alexander the coppersmith (consider the copper in the idols and consider the money in the trinity idols etc)

2Tim 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
2Tim 4:15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.
2Tim 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

Note that the Apostle Paul prayed against that devilish scum Alexander.  Note the absence of "love your enemies" here, why is that?  Alexander was an enemy of God, not Paul personally. The Bible has a different standard for deceivers and this is spiritual warfare.

Now notice verse 4:16 how none of the Brethren would stand with Paul.  Notice also how Paul prayed for these gutless warriors.  Paul knew they had sinned by their cowardice.  Yet Paul prayed for them that God would forgive them.

Likewise I also pray for the gutless Brethren who won't stand with me in certain areas because they need the support of their sinning pastors and Brethren or simply lack the guts to do what they know is right.

Regards,

Bro. Winter
Obey Acts 2:38 to become a Christian.
Obey the other verses to remain one.
Support the publishing of truth http://www.prime.org/blessings.html

sower

Re: The Apostle Paul had gutless brethern who would not stand with him.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
Amen to you, brother. I find myself in a similar situation. I don't expect you to remember, but I am from a baptist background, and was finally really saved a year or so ago. I found the truth, or I should say, The Lord Jesus revealed the truth to me, of the oneness of God at a local UPC congregation. Now though, I don't know what to do. They do believe and teach things I know are not biblical...I am the only man there with a beard, women speak out in church, they observe days I know are evil, etc...I know of no other apostolic congregation around here. Brother, I ask you, as one I know will speak the truth no matter what, should I keep my family there? My wife and 13 yr old son as well as myself have  been baptized in Jesus' name there...and I also have a 3 yr. old son. I want my family to have fellowship with others, but at the same time, don't want them taught things I know are wrong. Let me know what you think. I love you brother, and thanks

• Administrator
  • Bro. Steve Winter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 06:25:03 PM »
Amen to you, brother. I find myself in a similar situation. I don't expect you to remember, but I am from a baptist background, and was finally really saved a year or so ago. I found the truth, or I should say, The Lord Jesus revealed the truth to me, of the oneness of God at a local UPC congregation. Now though, I don't know what to do. They do believe and teach things I know are not biblical...I am the only man there with a beard, women speak out in church, they observe days I know are evil, etc...I know of no other apostolic congregation around here. Brother,

But the real question is if they do all that, are they really Apostolic?  I stayed and prayed when I attended a UPCI Church for some years hoping and praying that the pastor would start obeying the Bible, but tradition and pride are powerful forces.  The only issue I really knew then was that it was a sin for women to be over men and to be speaking out in Church.   It was much later that I learned about heathen holidays and other holiness issues.

You need to be looking for a Church, but I really don't know how to counsel you other than to tell you to pray with your family daily and if you do leave then you need to have regular prayer and Bible study at home.   Perilous times have come and much spiritual wickedness in high places.

Oh and BTW, I am still trying to find any man who left the UPC because of the rebellion and sin there who was not lied about after he left.  If you know of such a man I would really love to hear from him.

Bro. Steve Winter

sower

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 06:42:08 PM »
I have asked myself that question...are they Apostolic...I can't answer...I do know the Lord Jesus used them to show me some things. I have also seen, however, what you are saying they say about anyone that leaves...a guest preacher there once said in his sermon "anyone leaving this church would be choosing hell" my pastor was there, and didn't say otherwise. I  can also say this, although I post very little on here, the Lord has used you greatly in my life. It seems that whenever I get discouraged, I can come here, or listen to one of your sermons and be refreshed. Another thing, when I first visited this church, and was resistant to the pastor's visits because of my upbringing in the belief of the "trinity" and other things, he wisely urged me to not be lost due to my religeous pride, and heritage (tradition), and now I see the same thing in him. Oh well, thank you brother, for your counsel. And I thank the Lord my God for you, and those like you He is using in this last time...thanks again
Sower

• Administrator
  • Bro. Steve Winter
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 07:31:49 PM »
I felt to add something here.  Before anyone should leave any Church they should go to the Pastor with the scriptures or print out articles from here etc. and be prepared to give the man some time in case his love for God is stronger than his pride.

There were many many years that I did not know what I know now and I didn't receive everything that I now know the first time I heard it either.

Regards,

Bro. Winter